Gorilla’s not been blogging lately, mostly because he’s got nothing more to say about the following topics:
1) GOP intransigence: Now in Year 5.
2) Immigration reform: Never had a chance, will never have a chance until Republicans are booted back to a minority in all three branches of government.
3) ENDA: ditto.
4) Healthcare reform: a big botch, mainly because Medicare for all would have been much easier to implement, so long as your vested interest wasn’t insurance.
5) Chris Christie: he’ll never be the GOP nominee for President.
6) Ken Cuccinelli: Off to the land of grifterhood.
7) Euroland: finally decided to do some of the right thing with interest rates, but still not doing what’s needed: a much higher inflation target, the end of austerity, and a big increase in German consumption.
8) Fed: See Euroland.
9) Hillary Clinton: if she runs, she’ll win, if she doesn’t, Dems will win anyway.
10: Gun Control: see Immigration and ENDA.
Gorilla says: “More to come eventually, but at the moment there’s nothing much to say, except Happy Birthday, Anka!”