1) Torture: Manning gets 35 years for leaking documents, while torture continues in Guantanamo and around the world.
2) Syria: Chemical weapons or not, nobody’s going to war for Syria.
3) Egypt: a failed state and a successful military dictatorship.
4) Middle East peace: a sham and a fraud, as it’s been most of the last 65 years.
5) The deficit and/or the debt: Both are falling, while those who claim to be worried are only worried about their taxes being raised.
6) Gun Control: puhleeze…
7) Immigration Reform: has never been a realistic possibility in this Congress.
8) Afghanistan and Pakistan: two failed states in a race to the Islamist bottom.
9) North Korea: Maybe the Chinese are slightly worried about massive refugee flows when the regime implodes, but otherwise there’s nothing there.
10) The “rebranding” of the Know Nothing Party: see Middle East peace.
Gorilla says: “All of these things distract us from the economy, which no one in DC cares about!”